“Through policy, oversight, and planning The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board ensures that workforce training and education are responsive to and meet the needs of employers.”
The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board is a public-private partnership responsible for oversight of the workforce development and delivery system in Hunterdon and Somerset counties, New Jersey.
Established under federal law, the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board undertakes policy and planning to ensure the workforce system is meeting the needs of employers and job seekers.
The board employs staff to work collaboratively with partners in addressing the short and long term workforce needs of local employers.
GRWDB members are appointed by the Boards of Chosen Freeholders of Hunterdon and Somerset counties, New Jersey and are directly responsible for allocating approximately $3,000,000 in federal and state workforce investment grants.
To learn more about the GRWDB and its primary responsibilities please review the GRWDB’s Member Handbook & Orientation Guide.
The Board accomplishes these goals by working closely with employers large and small, chambers of commerce, industry groups, economic development organizations, training and education institutions, social service providers, and many more. Our Board supports economic growth and workforce development by analyzing local workforce conditions, overseeing the use of federal funds in our One-Stop Career Centers, and setting workforce investment policy.
The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board envisions a workforce training and education system where:
- Continuous improvement is embraced throughout the workforce training and education system.
- Workforce training and education resources meet the present and future talent needs of employers.
- Customer service and performance outcome expectations are exceeded.
There is increased engagement of employers in workforce development planning and policy implementation.
- There are expanded opportunities and outcomes for employers and job seekers through increased market penetration with a focus on serving the needs of local businesses.
- There are expanded opportunities and outcomes for youth populations with a focus on sustainable wage career employment.