The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board is comprised of business, education, labor, economic development, and volunteer community leaders — local workforce development system stakeholders – who analyze workforce conditions, oversee the use of federal and state funds, and set workforce goals and strategies. To ensure that workforce investments in Hunterdon and Somerset counties meet employer demands, the GRWDB is required to have a majority of local business representation. Members of the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board are appointed by the Boards of County Commissioners in Hunterdon and Somerset Counties, NJ.
The full Board meets quarterly, and is supported by an Executive Committee. The GRWDB also has four committees which meet throughout the year to help plan strategy and consider new initiatives. These are the Disabilities Committee, the Literacy Committee, the Operations Committee, and the Youth Committee. These committees include members of the full Board as well as community members from various constituencies interested in taking part in the conversation.
The Literacy Committee is comprised of public and private literacy partners of the GRWDB, with programs ongoing. For more information on services, read and share the English-language and Spanish-language versions of this flyer. Additional information also can be found in this resource guide of services. For consideration for inclusion in the guide, email email@example.com.
Minutes for each board and committee meeting can be found on the Meeting Packages section of the Events section. Meeting minutes for are presented at the next gathering of the respective board or committee, with each group’s members reviewing and approving the minutes document. Reviewing the minutes of each meeting is a great way to sense of the work being done.
The 2021 meeting schedule can be viewed here. All meetings are open to the public; beginning in September in-person meetings will begin with each having virtual / call-in options. Updated details on upcoming meetings and events can be found here.
Business Members: 51% Membership Required
- Chair Violet Kocsis, Chief Human Resources Officer, Hunterdon Healthcare System
- Vice Chair Susan Brooks, Senior Director, IEEE Corporate Governance
- Laura Begg, Senior Director Talent Management, Sapphire Digital
- Sejal Dave Sharma, Director of Business Development, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset
- Maureen Kurdziel, Vice President, American Arbitration Association
- Howard Matalon, Partner, Employment Practices, OlenderFeldman LLP
- Christopher Phelan, President/CEO, Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce
- Michelle Satanik, Area General Manager, Valor Hospitality
- Nicolette Sherman, Human Resources – Oyster Point Pharma
- Tyler Seville, executive director, Innovation New Jersey
Economic Development: 1 Member Required
- Marc Saluk, Economic Development Director, County of Hunterdon, NJ
Organized Labor and Community-Based Organizations: 20% Membership Required
- Jacki Belin, Vice President of Student Affairs, Raritan Valley Community College
- Joanne Hala, Associate Director, United Way of Northern New Jersey
- Fran Leddy, Adult Literacy Programs Coordinator, Hunterdon County Educational Services Commission
- Meagan O’Reilly, Director, Hunterdon County Human Services
- Daniel J. Sebban, Council Representative, Northeast Council of Carpenters
- Christina Shockley, Apprenticeships Coordinator
Education Representatives: 3 Required Members
- A.D. Amar, Professor of Business, Seton Hall University
- Todd Bonsall, Superintendent, Hunterdon County Vocational School District
- Chrys Harttraft, Superintendent, Somerset County Vocational Technical School
Government Partners: 2 Required Members
- Elizabeth Conte, Representative, NJ Department Vocational Rehabilitation Services Representative
- Ronald Douglas, Manager, NJ Department of Labor & Workforce Development Employment Services
Ex-Officio (Non-Voting) Members
- Monica Mulligan, One-Stop Operator, Greater Raritan One Stop Career Center
- Zach Rich, Commissioner Liaison, County of Hunterdon, NJ
- Douglas Singleterry, Commissioner Liaison, County of Somerset, NJ
JOIN THE GRWDB
Community members are invited to learn more about the work of the GRWDB, by attending a quarterly board meeting, or joining one of the GRWDB’s committees. All meetings are open to the public. Ongoing educational sessions are scheduled intermittently during full board meetings, in individual committee meetings, and in one-on-one meetings with board Staff.
Learn more about supporting the economic vitality of Hunterdon and Somerset counties and becoming a member of the GRWDB by contacting our Staff!