The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board is comprised of business, education, labor, economic development, and volunteer community leaders — local workforce development system stakeholders – who analyze workforce conditions, oversee the use of federal and state funds, and set workforce goals and strategies. To ensure that workforce investments in Hunterdon and Somerset counties meet employer demands, the GRWDB is required to have a majority of local business representation.
Members of the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board are appointed by the Boards of County Commissioners in Hunterdon and Somerset Counties, NJ.
- Hunterdon County Board of Commissioners: Zachary T. Rich, Director; Jeff Kuhl, Deputy Director; John E. Lanza, Commissioner; Susan Soloway, Commissioner; Shaun C. Van Doren, Commissioner
- Somerset County Board of Commissioners: Shanel Y. Robinson, Director; Douglas Singleterry, Deputy Director; Paul Drake, Commissioner; Melonie Marano, Commissioner; Sara Sooy, Commissioner
The full Board meets quarterly and is supported by an Executive Committee. The GRWDB also has four committees which meet throughout the year to help plan strategy and consider new initiatives. These are the Disabilities Committee, the Literacy Committee, the Operations Committee, and the Youth Committee. These committees include members of the full Board as well as community members from various constituencies interested in taking part in the conversation. Mission statements developed by each committee can be read here.
The Literacy Committee is comprised of public and private literacy partners of the GRWDB, who collaborate on a variety of services. For more information on services, read and share the English-language and Spanish-language versions of this flyer. Additional information also can be found in this resource guide of services. For consideration for inclusion in the guide, email email@example.com. In addition, in July of 2023, the GRWDB and several partners, with the financial support of Somerset County, launched an 18-month pilot project, First Steps Basic English. This initiative includes additional classes around Somerset County for English-language learners, expanded opportunities for tutors and a Literacy Navigator position embedded with the Literacy Volunteers of Somerset County. Go to https://www.thegrwdb.org/ESL for details.
Minutes for each board and committee meeting can be found on the Meeting Packages section of the Events section. Meeting minutes for are presented at the next gathering of the respective board or committee, with each group’s members reviewing and approving the minutes document. Reviewing the minutes of each meeting is a great way to sense of the work being done.
The 2023 meeting schedule can be viewed here. All meetings are open to the public. Agendas are added to the Events – Meeting Packages page of the website as the meeting date nears; the agendas for the meetings of previous years also can be found on this page.
Business Members: 51% Membership Required
- Chair, Joanne Hala, Associate Director, United Way of Northern New Jersey
- Vice Chair Michelle Satanik, EWR Assistant Property Manager, Facilities, OTG
- Ram Abarasan, President, Deni Realty, LLC
- Laura Begg, Vice President Human Resources, at Guidehealth
- Adriana Bury, HR consultant
- George Coutros, Lead, State Government Relations, sanofi
- Sejal Dave Sharma, Director of Business Development, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset
- Violet Kocsis, Chief Human Resources Officer, Hunterdon Healthcare System
- Clay Mason, East West Group
- Christopher Phelan, President/CEO, Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce
- Marc Saluk, Economic Development Director, Hunterdon County
- Nichelle Santos, Legacy’s Future Insurance, founder/CEO
Economic Development: 1 Member Required
- Jessica Paolini, Manager of Economic Development, Somerset County
Organized Labor and Community-Based Organizations: 20% Membership Required
- Fran Leddy, Adult Programs and Services Supervisor, Hunterdon County Educational Services Commission
- Daniel Sebban, Eastern Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters Representative
- Mark Valli, CEO, Norwescap
Education Representatives: 3 Required Members
- A.D. Amar, Professor of Business, Seton Hall University
- Michael McDonough, President, Raritan Valley Community College
- Todd Bonsall, Superintendent, Hunterdon County Vocational School District
- Christina Shockley, Apprenticeships Coordinator
Government Partners: 2 Required Members
- Danielle Kwan, NJ DOL Vocational Rehabilitation Services Representative
- Poo Lin, Acting, Manager, NJ Department of Labor & Workforce Development Employment Services Representative
- Meagan O’Reilly, Director, Hunterdon County Human Services
Ex-Officio (Non-Voting) Members
- Jeff Kuhl, Commissioner Liaison, County of Hunterdon, NJ
- Fernandel Almonor, Greater Raritan One-Stop Operator
- Douglas Singleterry, Commissioner Liaison, County of Somerset, NJ
JOIN THE GRWDB
Community members are invited to learn more about the work of the GRWDB, by attending a quarterly board meeting, or joining one of the GRWDB’s committees. All meetings are open to the public. Ongoing educational sessions are scheduled intermittently during full board meetings, in individual committee meetings, and in one-on-one meetings with board Staff.
Learn more about supporting the economic vitality of Hunterdon and Somerset counties and becoming a member of the GRWDB by contacting our Staff!