The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board is comprised of business, education, labor, economic development, and volunteer community leaders — local workforce development system stakeholders – who analyze workforce conditions, oversee the use of federal and state funds, and set workforce goals and strategies. To ensure that workforce investments in Hunterdon and Somerset counties meet employer demands, the GRWDB is required to have a majority of local business representation.
Members of the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board are appointed by the Boards of County Commissioners in Hunterdon and Somerset Counties, NJ.
- Hunterdon County Board of Commissioners: John E. Lanza, Director; Zachary T. Rich, Deputy Director; Jeff Kuhl, Commissioner; Susan Soloway, Commissioner; Shaun C. Van Doren, Commissioner
- 2022 Somerset County Board of Commissioners: Shanel Y. Robinson, Director; Melonie Marano, Deputy Director; Paul Drake, Commissioner; Douglas Singleterry, Commissioner; Sara Sooy, Commissioner
The full Board meets quarterly, and is supported by an Executive Committee. The GRWDB also has four committees which meet throughout the year to help plan strategy and consider new initiatives. These are the Disabilities Committee, the Literacy Committee, the Operations Committee, and the Youth Committee. These committees include members of the full Board as well as community members from various constituencies interested in taking part in the conversation. Mission statements developed by each committee can be read here.
The Literacy Committee is comprised of public and private literacy partners of the GRWDB, with programs ongoing. For more information on services, read and share the English-language and Spanish-language versions of this flyer. Additional information also can be found in this resource guide of services. For consideration for inclusion in the guide, email email@example.com.
Minutes for each board and committee meeting can be found on the Meeting Packages section of the Events section. Meeting minutes for are presented at the next gathering of the respective board or committee, with each group’s members reviewing and approving the minutes document. Reviewing the minutes of each meeting is a great way to sense of the work being done.
The 2022 meeting schedule can be viewed here. All meetings are open to the public and will remain virtual for 2022 unless otherwise noted. Agendas are added to the Events – Meeting Packages page of the website as the meeting date nears; the agendas for the meetings of previous years also can be found on this page.
Business Members: 51% Membership Required
- Chair, Joanne Hala, Associate Director, United Way of Northern New Jersey
- Vice Chair Michelle Satanik, EWR Assistant Property Manager, Facilities, OTG
- Ram Abarasan, President, Deni Realty, LLC
- Laura Begg, Senior Director Talent Management and Leadership Development – Zelis (Sapphire)
- Adriana Bury, Head of North America Talent Management, Sanofi
- Sejal Dave Sharma, Director of Business Development, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset
- Violet Kocsis, Chief Human Resources Officer, Hunterdon Healthcare System
- Maureen Kurdziel, Vice President, American Arbitration Association
- Clay Mason, East West Group
- Christopher Phelan, President/CEO, Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce
- Marc Saluk, Economic Development Director, Hunterdon County
- Tyler Seville, executive director, Innovation New Jersey
Economic Development: 1 Member Required
- Jessica Paolini, Manager of Economic Development, Somerset County
Organized Labor and Community-Based Organizations: 20% Membership Required
- Daniel J. Sebban, Council Representative, Northeast Council of Carpenters
- Mark Valli, CEO, Norwescap
Education Representatives: 3 Required Members
- A.D. Amar, Professor of Business, Seton Hall University
- Jacki Belin, Vice President of Student Affairs, Raritan Valley Community College
- Todd Bonsall, Superintendent, Hunterdon County Vocational School District
- Christina Shockley, Apprenticeships Coordinator
Government Partners: 2 Required Members
- Elizabeth Conte, Representative, NJ Department Vocational Rehabilitation Services Representative
- Peter Curley, Manager, NJ Department of Labor & Workforce Development Employment Services
- Meagan O’Reilly, Director, Hunterdon County Human Services
Ex-Officio (Non-Voting) Members
- Fran Leddy, Hunterdon County Educational Services Commission
- Jeff Kuhl, Commissioner Liaison, County of Hunterdon, NJ
- Christopher Peake, One-Stop Operator, Greater Raritan One Stop Career Center
- Douglas Singleterry, Commissioner Liaison, County of Somerset, NJ
JOIN THE GRWDB
Community members are invited to learn more about the work of the GRWDB, by attending a quarterly board meeting, or joining one of the GRWDB’s committees. All meetings are open to the public. Ongoing educational sessions are scheduled intermittently during full board meetings, in individual committee meetings, and in one-on-one meetings with board Staff.
Learn more about supporting the economic vitality of Hunterdon and Somerset counties and becoming a member of the GRWDB by contacting our Staff!