The GRWDB has established the following strategic priorities that guide the daily work and policy-making of the organization:
- Focus on sector strategies consistent with the New Jersey State (Economic Development) Plan and the New Jersey Combined (workforce development) Plan.
- Build strategic alliances with partners, including those in the economic development arena.
- Coordinate outreach to the business community among the various entities currently engaged in contacting businesses.
- Focus our strategies on career paths versus simply employment.
- Recognize the role that transportation plays in employment.
- Develop additional revenue streams and re-think our finances.
Local Area and Regional Planning
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) requires Local Boards, in conjunction with both county’s Boards of Chosen Freeholders, to participate in a regional planning process resulting in a comprehensive four‐year plan. Coined the Local Area Plan, this strategic project ensures our workforce delivery system remains parallel with federal, state, regional and local priorities. Message firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
The GRWDB has updated our 2016-2020 Local Area Plan to reflect the current public workforce development and delivery system in Hunterdon and Somerset Counties. Click here to read the updates indicated in purple.
The GRWDB is a part of North Jersey Partners, an 11-county coalition of Northern New Jersey workforce development local areas that convene to mitigate economic unrest and develop strategic workforce delivery policies. In conjunction with the update to the Local Area Plan, the GRWDB, in partnership with North Jersey Partners, completed the 2019 Regional Area Plan Modification. Click here to see the updates to the Regional Area Plan. All updates are indicated in blue; direct all comments to email@example.com.
The GRWDB recently implemented a Social Media Initiative to ensure that local workforce development system stakeholders and all interested parties have access to accurate and useful information for informed discussion and decision-making. The GRWDB has established three goals that direct the mission of its Social Media endeavors to further solidify the GRWDB’s role of thought leadership in workforce policy for the local area. These goals are as follows:
- To facilitate an alternate means of communication with our core constituents
- To create visibility and raise awareness for the GRWDB and its key partners
- To showcase unique career opportunities and trends in economic and workforce policy
To view the GRWDB Social Media Policy, click here.