“Through policy, oversight, and planning The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board ensures that workforce training and education are responsive to and meet the needs of employers and job seekers.”
The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board is a public-private partnership responsible for oversight of the workforce development and delivery system in Hunterdon and Somerset counties, New Jersey.
Established under federal law, the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board undertakes policy and planning to ensure the workforce system is meeting the needs of employers and job seekers.
The board employs staff to work collaboratively with partners in addressing the short and long term workforce needs of local employers.
GRWDB members are appointed by the Boards of County Commissioners of Hunterdon and Somerset counties, New Jersey and are directly responsible for allocating approximately $3,000,000 in federal and state workforce investment grants.
To learn more about the GRWDB and its primary responsibilities please review the GRWDB’s Member Handbook & Orientation Guide.
The board’s bylaws can be viewed in the handbook or here.
The GRWDB has established the following strategic priorities that guide the daily work and policy-making of the organization:
- Focus on sector strategies consistent with the New Jersey State (Economic Development) Plan and the New Jersey Combined (workforce development) Plan.
- Build strategic alliances with partners, including those in the economic development arena.
- Coordinate outreach to the business community among the various entities currently engaged in contacting businesses.
- Focus our strategies on career paths versus simply employment.
- Recognize the role that transportation plays in employment.
- Develop additional revenue streams and re-think our finances.
The Board accomplishes these goals by working closely with employers large and small, chambers of commerce, industry groups, economic development organizations, training and education institutions, social service providers, and many more. Our Board supports economic growth and workforce development by analyzing local workforce conditions, overseeing the use of federal funds in our One-Stop Career Centers, and setting workforce investment policy.
The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board envisions a flexible, seamless and robust workforce training and education system where:
- Continuous improvement is embraced throughout the workforce training and education system.
- Workforce training and education resources meet the present and future talent needs of employers.
- Customer service and performance outcome expectations are exceeded.
- There is increased engagement of employers in workforce development planning and policy implementation.
- There are expanded opportunities and outcomes for employers and job seekers through increased market penetration with a focus on serving the needs of local businesses.
- There are expanded opportunities and outcomes for youth populations with a focus on sustainable wage career employment.
Local Area and Regional Planning
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) requires Local Boards, in conjunction with both county’s Boards of County Commissioners, to participate in a regional planning process resulting in a comprehensive four‐year plan. Coined the Local Area Plan, this strategic project ensures our workforce delivery system remains parallel with federal, state, regional and local priorities.
Message mailto:email@example.com to learn more.
Cost Allocation Plan
The Board is required to detail how the funds are allocated based on time studies and other factors to ensure the proper spending of grant monies. Click here to view the GRWDB’s most recent Cost Allocation Plan.
The GRWDB implemented a Social Media Initiative to ensure that local workforce development system stakeholders and all interested parties have access to accurate and useful information for informed discussion and decision-making. The GRWDB has established three goals that direct the mission of its Social Media endeavors to further solidify the GRWDB’s role of thought leadership in workforce policy for the local area. These goals are as follows:
- To facilitate an alternate means of communication with our core constituents
- To create visibility and raise awareness for the GRWDB and its key partners
- To showcase unique career opportunities and trends in economic and workforce policy
To view the GRWDB Social Media Policy, click here.
In addition, to better communicate all the services, resources, and opportunities the public workforce development and delivery system offers within Hunterdon and Somerset counties, NJ, the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board launched a quarterly newsletter in 2019 to provide snapshots of some of the season’s highlights and milestones.
View the issues below; to sign up for future newsletters, click on the “Stay Informed” link under the “Events” tab.
- GRWDB Spring Newsletter 2021
- GRWDB Autumn Newsletter 2020
- GRWDB Summer Newsletter 2020
- GRWDB Winter Newsletter 2020
- GRWDB Autumn Newsletter 2019
- GRWDB Summer Newsletter 2019
And know about the latest workforce-related events, programs and recruitments in Hunterdon and Somerset counties by bookmarking the calendar page of www.thegrwdb.org.
In addition, employers and jobseekers are encouraged to text OneStop to 565-12 to get a text alert every Monday about the upcoming week’s workforce-related activities.