The ongoing Coronarvirus (COV-19) pandemic has led to the cancellation, suspension and repurposing of programs and events in the Greater Raritan workforce system and beyond.
The monthly Jersey Job Club workshops and events usually conducted at the Somerville One Stop Career Center have been suspended.
Workshops presented in person by the Greater Raritan One Stop Career Training Center are moving to a virtual platform, as having introduction sessions on SkillUp Greater Raritan, a program of the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board (GRWDB).
In addition, some GRWDB Board and Committee meetings have been rescheduled. Look on the calendar for updates.
- This event has passed.
FREE Career Workshop: Mastering the Interview
October 30, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The interview is one of the key elements of the job search process. As with any skill, we can get better at it with preparation and practice. In this workshop, participants will explore how to prepare for an interview and become familiar with the types of questions to expect, as well as the questions they should think about asking. They will learn how to prepare for second interviews, testing, and shadowing, as well as how to follow up on their interview sessions.
- Understanding the Interview
- Types of Questions
- Stress Interviews
- Following up the Interview
- Common Problems and Solutions
- Phase Two (after the interview)
- Trick Questions
- Sealing the Deal
- Getting What You’re Worth
How You Will Beneﬁt:
- Understand the different types of interview questions and how to prepare to answer them.
- Learn the most effective ways to prepare for an interview, including how to present yourself professionally.
- Develop expertise at expressing yourself effectively.
- Know how to ask for feedback following an interview.
- Learn how to answer the toughest interview questions.
Seats are limited, therefore pre-registration is required.
Call 908-766-0118 or 908-766-6630 to register.
This program is in partnership with The Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Center Training Services and the The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board (GRWDB)