Career-related services offered by the partners of the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board focus on meeting customers from Hunterdon and Somerset Counties where they are.
The Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Training Service Center at 27 Warren St., second floor, in Somerville is open for in-person, career-related services 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday and 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday to Friday. Walk-ins are welcomed, but appointments are encouraged. Walk-in and appointment services are available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Wednesday at the Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Center at 6 Gauntt Place in Flemington. On Thursday and Friday, appointment-only services are available. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 908-541-5780 in Somerville or 908-237-0016 in Flemington, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In-person career-related services are available Monday through Friday at the Greater-Raritan One-Stop Career Center – Employment Services at 75 Veterans Memorial Drive, Somerville. Walk-ins are welcomed but appointments are encouraged. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 908-704-3000 or use this form.
In addition to in-person, all offices continue to offer services through e-mail, phone and virtual platforms. A virtual orientation session for new customers of the Training Center is conducted at 10 a.m. Fridays, and virtual career-webinars presented by the Training Center and the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board are scheduled several times a month. The Employment Services team also offer a monthly series of Jersey Job Club workshops, which can be attended in-person or remotely. Check out the GRWDB’s website calendar for the latest offerings; contact the GRWDB at 908-541-5790 or email@example.com.
GRWDB Board and Committee meetings are open to the public and may be attended in person or virtually. The schedule of meetings can be found on the Events – Meeting Packages tab of the website.
Look on the calendar for more information on all programs and meetings.
- This event has passed.
Greater Raritan 2023 Job Fair at Bridgewater Hindu Temple
May 16 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Greater Raritan 2023 Job Fair will be hosted at the Hindu Temple and Cultural Society on Route 202-206 in Bridgewater from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, May 16.
Some 70 employers and agencies have registered to be part of the event, presented by The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board and the New Jersey Department of Labor & Workforce Development in collaboration with the temple. Employers in Hunterdon and Somerset Counties as well as surrounding counties have more than 450 roles, full- and part-time and internships, they are hoping to fill.
Community members from around the region are invited to meet all of the employers during this free event; they should bring their resume and a willingness to network with hiring managers and personnel. A light lunch will be available for a nominal fee. Registration for the event is optional; register at https://bit.ly/3HdhcO6 or use the QR code in this flyer.
Here are the attendees as of May 4, with open positions:
- 3M – Packing Operator
- ABC Trans Corp. – School Bus Drivers; School Bus Aides; Mechanics; Dispatcher
- Above and Beyond Care Healthsystem – Internships; Home Health Aides (unlicensed)
- Alternatives, Inc. – Direct Support Professional; Case Manager
- Altice USA – Residential Direct Sales Account Executive, (Altice has several other positions available but this will be the focus)
- Anita’s Angels, Inc. – Certified Homemaker; Home Health Aides
- APEX Building Services – Operations Manager; Night Supervisor
- Archangels Services LLC – Certified Home Health Aide; Certified Nursing Assistant; Licensed Practical Nurse
- Artech LLC – Validation Engineer; Research Associate; Regulatory Affairs Specialist; QC Specialist; Lab Associate; Medical Director; Administrative Assistant; Clinical Trial Coordinator; Manager- Clinical Operations; Manufacturing Tech; Medical Information Specialist; Product Safety Coordinator; Biostatistician/ Clinical Programmer
- Bankers Life/Colonial Penn – Insurance and Financial Services Representative; Management trainees
- Bonnie Brae (School and Residential Treatment Facility) – Residential Youth Counselors; Clinicians; Teachers (limited positions); Registered Nurses
- Branchburg Donuts – Crew Member
- Bridgeway Care and Rehabilitation Center – Helping Hands to CNA Program; RN Supervisor; Maintenance Technician/Painter; Unit Manager; Registered Nurse; Licensed Practical Nurse; Home Health Aide, Assisted Living; Dietary Aide, Assisted Living; Staff Educator (RN); Director of Dining Services; Activity Assistant, Assisted Living; Certified Nursing Assistant; Physical Therapist; Speech Language Pathologist; Occupational Therapist
- Brightstar Care of Hunterdon – Certified Home Health Aide; Registered Nurse; Licensed Practical Nurse
- BrightStar Care of Somerset – Certified Home Health Aide; Registered Nurse; Licensed Practical Nurse
- Canna Coverage – various positions
- Catalent Pharma Solutions – Scientist; Stationary Site Officer; Laboratory Metrologist; Senior Compliance and Regulatory Specialist; Formulation Tech I; Sr. Formulation Scientist; Project Manager; Quality Investigator; Senior EHS Specialist
- Center for Educational Advancement – Job Coach Skills Trainer
- Central Jersey College Prep Charter School – Elementary Teacher; Middle School ELA Teacher; Middle School Math Teacher; High School ELA Teacher; High School Math Teacher; Physical Education/Driver’s Ed Instructor; School Nurse; Art Teacher
- Chick-fil-A Flemington – Hospitality Team Member part time or full time; Kitchen Team Member part time or full time; Catering Coordinator; Manager in Training Program; Scheduling Coordinator
- Community Hope – Behavioral Health Counselor; Case Manager; Receptionist (part-time)
- Custom Alloy Corporation – Document Control Clerk; Security Guard – Overnight shift; Maintenance Mechanic Level 2; Maintenance Mechanic Level 3; Shipping Supervisor; General Laborer; Seasonal Help
- Delta Community Supports – Direct Support Professional; Registered Nurses; Trainer II; HR Coordinator; Associate Director of Community Living
- District 1199C Training and Upgrading Fund – Apprenticeship program for care workers
- Donaiz’s Beauty Temple – Licensed Cosmetologist
- Enjoy Your Party Inc.- Servers; Bartenders; Culinary Personnel
- Estes Express Trucking -Local Driver; Class A Dock Supervisor; Over the Road Driver; Supervisor (Dispatcher)
- Foothill Acres Rehabilitation and Nursing Center – Nursing; Administrative; Maintenance
- Franklin Township Animal Shelter & Control – Animal Handler; Animal Control Officer
- Fulton Bank – Sales and Service Specialist; Universal Bankers
- Girl Scouts Heart of NJ – Summer Camp staff and interns (possibly some full-time roles)
- Grizzly Solutions – Verizon Customer Service Representative
- GroundsCare Landscape – Landscape Crew Members; Construction Crew Members; Sales Representatives; Operation Managers
- Hackensack Meridian Health – Food and Nutrition workers; Housekeeping; Security; Support Services roles
- Haven Home Care Services LLC – Certified Home Health Aide; Certified Nursing Assistant; Certified Medical Assistant; License Practical Nurse; Registered Nurse
- Hunterdon Health – Numerous positions in inpatient and outpatient areas including: Registered Nurse; Licensed Practical Nurse; Certified Nursing Assistant; Certified Medical Assistant; Certified Home Health Aide; Phlebotomist; Medical Lab Scientist
- Ivoclar – Production Tech l 12-hour shift day; Production Tech l 12-hour shift night; QA Associate; Mandrel Technician 1st shift and 3rd shift
- Madison Area YMCA – Camp Counselor; Assistant Teacher; Swim Instructor; Lifeguard; Sports Instructor; Member Services Representative; Group Exercise Instructor; Fitness Center Staff
- Magna-Power Electronics, Inc. – Sheet Metal Fabricator; Electronic Test Technician; Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing Production Assembler; Transformer Assembler.
- Matheny Medical and Educational Center – Nurses; Nursing Assistants;Teachers; Teacher’s Assistants
- MTK Resources – Technology and Quantitative
- Natural Systems Utilities – Wastewater Operator; Senior Project Engineer; Maintenance Technician
- Navitas Partners LLC – Account Manager; Human Resources/Onboarding; Pre-Sales; Client Relations; Office Assistant
- New Jersey Courts – Judiciary Clerk 3 (provision); Administrative Specialist; Judiciary Secretary
- New Jersey Department of Corrections – Correctional Police Officers; various civilian positions
- New Jersey State Human Services Police – Police Officer Recruit
- New York Life – Managers; Financial Professionals; Financial Advisor
- Ocean State Job Lot – Retail Store sales associate; Retail Store stock associate; Retail Store Area Supervisor; Retail Store Department Head; Retail Store Front End Supervisor
- Our House Inc. – Direct Support Professional; Assistant Site Manager
- Power Container Corporation – Machine Operators; Line Leaders; Injection Blow Mold Technicians; Quality Inspectors
- Prudential Advisors – Financial Professional Associate/Financial Planners/Wealth Managers (Career Development Program)
- Right at Home – Companion Caregivers part time; NJ Certified Home Health Aides part-time; NJ Certified Home Health Aides full time; NJ Certified Home Health Aides live-in
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset – Registered Nurse; Clinical Care Technician; Patient Access Representative; Unit Secretary; Receptionist; various other positions
- Royal Community Support – Direct Support Professional in communities around the region, including Hawthorne, Flemington, Branchburg, Montgomery, Red Bank, Princeton, Frenchtown, South Brunswick, Princeton, Middlesex County/ New Brunswick Area, Flemington, East Orange, North Brunswick, Manalapan, Norwood, Whitehouse Station, Piscataway, Tewksbury, Ho-Ho-Kus, Maplewood and East Orange
- Sevita – Direct Support Professional; Caregiver; Caretaker
- SHI International Corp – Inside Account Manager; Inside Account Executive; Partner Specialist; Account Executive; Analyst; Technical Engineer; Technical Architect; Technician; Solutions Consultant
- Shimon & Sara Birnbaum Jewish Community Center -Direct Support Professional/DSP (Mentor); Counselor, Summer Day Camp; Art Specialist, Summer Day Camp; Athletic/Sports Specialist, Summer Day Camp; Preschool Teacher, Summer Day Camp; Cooking Specialist, Summer Day Camp; Inclusion Counselor, Summer Day Camp; Archery Specialist, Summer Day Camp; Tennis Specialist, Summer Day Camp; Ropes/Challenge Course Specialist, Summer Day Camp; Music Specialist, Summer Day Camp; Swim Club Manager
- Somerset County – Human Services; Planning; Finance; Information Technology; Public Health; Public Works
- Somerset County Library System of New Jersey – Branch Manager various locations
- Somerset County Park Commission – Maintenance Workers; Park Rangers; Stable Workers; Seasonal Positions
- StarThrower Group – Job Coach; Direct Service Professional
- Stonebridge at Montgomery – Licensed Practical Nurse; Registered Nurse; Certified Nurse Assistant; Housekeeper; Porter; Maintenance Mechanic; Activity Assistant; Security Guard; Cook; Wait Staff; Assisted Living Wellness Director
- The Arc of Hunterdon County – Direct Support Professional; Personal Care Assistant; Residential Coordinator/Group Home Manager
- The Arc of Somerset County – Direct Support Professional; Maintenance Technician; Residential Assistant Manager
- UNICOM Science & Technology Park – Security Officer; Boiler & Building Automation System Operator
- U.S. Department of Labor – Wage and Hour information on FMLA, Break Time for Nursing Mothers, the Pump Act! and the Fair Labor Standards Act, including Child Labor.
- US Pharma Lan – Manufacturing: Blending / Granulation Operator, Compression / Encapsulation Operator, Manufacturing Associates (Helpers); Packaging: Packaging Operator; Warehouse: Forklift Driver; Warehouse Coordinator; R&D: Technician Formulator, R&D Administrative Assistant; Quality Control: Jr. QC Chemist, QC Chemist, Sr. QC Chemist, Sr. Microbiologist, Stability Documentation; Quality Assurance: QA Assistant; QA Supervisor Manufacturing 2nd shift; QA Documentation
- USA Sport Group – Sport Coaches; Soccer Coaches; Tennis Coaches; Coaches-In-Training, Marketing Internships; Business Development Internships; Customer Relations Internships; Sports Education Internships; Operations & Logistics Internships; HR & Recruitment Internships; Finance Internships; Sports Management Internships; Customer Service Assistant; Office Administration; Operations & Logistics Administration
- USPS – City Carrier Assistant; Rural Carrier Associate
- Zeus Industrial Products – Machine Operator; Machinist
- Zufall Health – Patient Representatives; Medical Assistants; Dental Assistants; Nurses; AmeriCorps Members
Questions? Contact GRWDB Director Paul Grzella at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-541-5790.