Check out our calendar to stay up-to-date on GRWDB Full Board and Executive Committee meetings along with notable events and opportunities supporting workforce development initiatives in our local area! You may find the Meeting Materials Package on the day of each meeting and the minutes for each meeting within the next meeting’s Meeting Materials Package.
FREE Career Workshop: The Multi-Generational Workplace
April 29 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
There are currently five generations in the workforce, and employers faced with mass retirements of Baby Boomers are looking for ways to prepare for the changes that will result. This course examines the history and reality of the generation gap. This course explores whether defining the actual limits of each generation is most important, or whether the merits of people within the context of employment is the bigger issue. Understanding others helps us to understand ourselves and to manage the people that we work with. We will explore problems, solutions, and strategies to help overcome issues of the generation gap.
How You Will Benefit:
- Develop our understanding of where the generations gap issue surfaces, and the impact it has on the modern workforce.
- Understand and apply language that is specific to each generation currently in the workplace.
- Explore organization strategies that overcome gap issues.
- Evaluate the need and effectiveness of recruiting, retention, and succession plans in context of the generation gap.
What You Will Cover:
- History in brief
- Finding common ground
- Silents, Boomers, Xers, Ys, and Millennials
- Recruiting that bridges the gap
- Pre-assignment review
- The value of planning
- Holding on for the good times
- Developing targeted retention strategies
- What we really want
Registration is not required as there will be plenty of open seating!
Click here to view the event flyer.