Stay up-to-date on GRWDB Full Board and Committee meetings along with notable events and opportunities supporting workforce development in Hunterdon and Somerset counties.
Check out the January 2020 Jersey Job Club Schedule, presented by the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, for free career workshops like resume building, interviewing skills, Linkedin101 and many more at the Somerville One Stop Career Center, 75 Veteran’s Memorial Drive Somerville, NJ 08876.
Additional workshops presented by the Greater Raritan One Stop Career Training Center also may be found on our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Free Career Workshop: Mastering the Interview
January 22 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Greater Raritan One Stop Career Center Free Career Workshop
The interview is one of the key elements of the job search process. As with any skill, we can get better at it with preparation and practice. In this workshop, participants will explore how to prepare for an interview and become familiar with the types of questions to expect, as well as the questions they should think about asking. They will learn how to prepare for second interviews, testing, and shadowing, as well as how to follow up on their interview sessions.
- Understanding the Interview
- Types of Questions
- Stress Interviews
- Following up the Interview
- Common Problems and Solutions
- Phase Two (after the interview)
- Trick Questions
- Sealing the Deal
- Getting What You’re Worth
How You Will Beneﬁt:
- Understand the different types of interview questions and how to prepare to answer them.
- Learn the most effective ways to prepare for an interview, including how to present yourself professionally.
- Develop expertise at expressing yourself effectively.
- Know how to ask for feedback following an interview.
- Learn how to answer the toughest interview questions.
Visit: https://www.sclibnj.org. Seats are limited, therefore pre-registration is required. Call Jennifer Sulligan at (908) 458-8425 to register.