Check out our calendar to stay up-to-date on GRWDB Full Board and Executive Committee meetings along with notable events and opportunities supporting workforce development initiatives in our local area! You may find the Meeting Materials Package on the day of each meeting and the minutes for each meeting within the next meeting’s Meeting Materials Package.
- This event has passed.
FREE Career Workshop: Creating a Dynamite Job Portfolio
April 15 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
The job market continues to change, as does the way we look for work. This Workshop examines the value of presenting yourself as a complete package by using a resume as an introduction to an employer and backing it up with a portfolio presented at the interview.
How You Will Benefit:
- Learn how to define yourself using descriptive language.
- Explore the essential elements of cover letters and resumes.
- Understand the need for pre-employment testing and what to expect in your target market.
- Design a personalized portfolio.
- Develop a plan that moves you to a new job.
What You Will Cover:
- Who are You?
- Writing the Resume
- Creating a Noticeable Package
- Cover Letters
- Getting into the Flow
- Refining and Perfecting
- Dealing with Awkward Points
- Getting to a New Job
- Goal Setting
- Thank You Notes
Click here to view the event flyer.